Total Pageviews

Friday, April 29, 2011

All is Good in Derby and War...

They smell like something that you crave... a dark dusky, leathery kind of smell. It tickles your nose every time that you smell it. Those boots, those laces.... everything molding together like a well oiled machine. It took months to get these skates like this. It was like hell breaking them in. The big ass blister on my heel that I had to pad the inside of the skate boot to keep from chafing me. The ache in my right boot because for some damned reason my right foot is a titch bigger than my left. The stretching out of the boot itself, molding it with my foot. Ahhhh... and now, they are a perfect fit.
I have fantasies about how they glide across the floor. How they feel when I am skating in general. It is as if I am floating in mid air sometimes. I could do it forever. I think that must be why I love swimming too. It is so unlike walking... walking is boring.
And then sometimes it's like I don't remember ever NOT skating. It's crazy. To me, it is a second nature. I couldn't imagine life without it now. It is as if something has gotten in my bloodstream and has infected all parts of my body. Like a virus... but a good one.
I wonder to myself if everyone that plays derby feels the way I do? Or am I just weird? Cuz I would understand if I was just weird. I know I am, and I am at peace with it. :)
I rave those damned skates everyday.
it's official... I am addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment